Wednesday 4 January 2012

Technology addiction

I believe that everyone think that technology can make your life easier, but no everyone notes that also tachnology can be a distraction o worst an adiction. And as some of you know, the attention and addiction are very important subjects inside Psychology.

Lucy Tobin, wrote an article about this, and was published in “the guardian”. This article is about how technology can be an extreme distraction to do yours homework or work.

In the article, yo can find an experiment made by Weger that corroborates the time you spent doing a eassy task if you are also aware to your phone, or chat or facebook. This study also shows that this behavavior leads you to the procrastination, because, for example, if you are doing a homework in your netbook and also you are chatting, you probably lost more time and you will end doing the task for last minute.
The experiment made by Weger research is important because our modern working environment is full of tempting – and sometimes not so tempting – sources of interruptions. So you hace to control your self, and do some exercise, proposed in the article, to help yo concentred.

Also, Lucy said that phones or different technology are not all bad, just have a mixed effect. The important, she claims, is you can`t allow become depedent, becouse “they will hount you”

Well, if you are interesed in read the complete article just click here:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2011/feb/14/information-overload-research

1 comment:

  1. I feel very identified with this article... right in this moment, while I'm writting this post I'm talking to some friends through facebook chat!
    It has became a very bad habit, but I just can't avoid opening facebook, twitter and many other websites, everytime I turn on my laptop to make my homework :(
    Even I get distracted, I always finish all the things I have to do, but I assume I lose a lot of time because of this little (but many) addictions.

    ReplyDelete