Wednesday 28 December 2011

I want to die, to live in your memory

Are we able to decide when we died? The first that I think when I hear the word euthanasia is freedom, because Euthanasia is when someone decides to end their lives voluntarily, because they have a terminal illness and think that their life is no longer worth living.

I never hear a famous cases of euthanasia, but I remember a movie that portrays very well this topic: “Mar Adentro”. The film is the life story of Spaniard Ramón Sampedro, who fought a 29-years campaign to win the right to end his own life with dignity.

I don`t have any religion, but in my country the act of Euthanasia is illegal, even if a very illnes person (part of the family or friend) requesting assistence in dying, and the helper is acting from the most noble reasson, any form of euthanasia remains a crime in Chile

In my personal opinion, I think that this issue very delicate, but I think we should respect people`s wishes, we should let people end their life even when we love them…

2 comments:

  1. Sophia!
    the title of your post really impressed me ajajajajajaj.
    kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very difficult to keep a position when we're talking about life... If I would have a serious illness with no recovery possibilities, if I couldn't take care of myself, I would really like to have the opportunity to make a choice about my own life. If I take the other position, which someone I love is in great pain, even it would be very hard, I think I would support his choice. We all deserve to die with dignity, that's all I can say.

    ReplyDelete